Discuss Towel Rail Element - identifying the make ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not a dry pocket you're right.
I don't think that you'll need to remove the rail though, they're normally only short.
If you are not confident with Plumbing, you would be better off getting a plumber to do it for you.
If you are going to do it yourself, we can advise you of course but if it goes wrong, you'll be in a pickle.
Never leave a thermostatic valve open ended !!!!
Not even if it has an '0' (off) setting.
I have seen disasters.
If you are intending on doing it yourself, let us know before you start, you may receive some very handy tips.

Hi Martin.

It looks like the cap has been removed and that is the part that usually holds all product information on such as the manufacturer's part number and wattage.

The towel rail may well have to come off. With the size of your towel rail I guess the element would be at least 400w which would measure around 420mm long if it is one of ours.

If you can get a close up of the element from underneath, I should be able to tell if it's one of ours or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel Rail Element - identifying the make ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday...
Replies
Views
I have a Reina Diva flat towel radiator 1800 x 500, what size dual fuel element do I need for this with a stat and does anyone where best to buy...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
I have a water filled towel rail which has been working for several years. It is now getting very hot and making a noise. Do these loose water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock