Discuss Towel Rail Element - identifying the make ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MartinLJ

I need to replace an element on a dual fuel chrome 500 x 1150 mm 24 tube rail but can't identify the make. How do I do that? Picture attached

IMG_0636.JPG

Hi martin welcome to the forum.

Have you got a photo that we can look at to help?

Failing that sometimes the cable has some details on it like kw rating and brand.

You dont have to fit the same brand and there are plenty of different ones out there.

Thanks for the advice. I'll look there. Photo is at the top of the thread (it is on my screen anyway - sorry I'm new to this board)

Tbh the only way your going to tell us by removing the element and measuring the length, and then finding a new one and replace the t

As you can't just replace the element as its not in a dry pocket

Heating Elements & Accessories, Element for Towel Radiator | Towel Radiators | NoLinkingToThis

Thanks for the advice. I'll look there. Photo is at the top of the thread (it is on my screen anyway - sorry I'm new to this board)
Yep i can see that now, looks like a basic screw in type, shouldnt have a problem getting hold one one of those.

Welcome, have you fixed your problem?

Oh dear, perhaps some more people will be along today to offer their advice :)

It will be a fairly standard. Normally just a half inch BSP thread. Like Shaun above said, screwfix sell them but most plumbers merchants will get you one.
You will need to measure the length of it to make sure you get a similar output (heat).
They only use a small amount of electricity, one or two amp.

Is there a reason it's not fixed, is it that you haven't got round to it yet. can't find one, or is there another reason ?

Thanks - the reason is that its not as easy as I thought. ...
1 its not in a dry pocket I am told
2 the rail needs to come off the wall to get the element out to look at it (length, wattage etc) so if I could possibly ID it without that nonsense its going to be quicker and easier to sort out
Thats my logic anyhow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Towel Rail Element - identifying the make ?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
My towel rail is not electric but separate to central heating and has been working consistently but since the 2 port valve was replaced on Monday...
Replies
Views
I have a Reina Diva flat towel radiator 1800 x 500, what size dual fuel element do I need for this with a stat and does anyone where best to buy...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on...
Replies
Views
I have a water filled towel rail which has been working for several years. It is now getting very hot and making a noise. Do these loose water...
Replies
Views
Back