Discuss Torch & lamp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mcniven

What is the best on the market for blow lamp? Iv been through so many!!

And do you all use the map gas (yellow?)

i use the refill bottles, and my blow torch isnt the greatest so i wouldn't recommend, cheap ones seem to do the job just as good

I'm with GQuigley67 on this one, I paid through the nose for a torch when I was at college, it was a good torch and lasted years. A few years ago I went to an overfilling toilet job that was about 15 miles from my home, it was the only job that day so went in the car and just took the tools that I would need.
Turned out that the feed coming into the bottom of the loo was pulled over at an angle and would need cutting/replacing.
As my torch was a 30 mile round trip away I went to a local DIY store and bought a cheap torch with gas included, I think it was about £18. I still use that torch as a backup or in jobs where it might get nicked or knocked about etc. and I've never ever had a problem with it that a needle in the burner couldn't fix.
It's a messier flame than a more expensive torch and heating pipes takes a bit longer but it gets the job done.

There's another thread on here chatting about this as we speak.

The general view is a Super Fire 2 is best. I use Mapp, but thats because I'm slow and need all the help I can get.

A lot of people prefer propane. Doesn't burn as hot.

Always spend a fortune on here! Tonight in but that wee saw thing an adaptor and blades and tomorrow a new rothy SF2!

save yourself money in the long run with the refill bottles mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Torch & lamp in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello Everyone ;0 Iv just discovered this forum, looking through internet to find a solution to my small problem. So I just reopened, builders...
Replies
Views
D
So my hot water tank is barely 3 years old and a recent service check tells me the tempering valve is on the way out It's a Hydroboss brand from...
Replies
Views
Hi, my wife decided she wanted new modern bathtaps instead of the old 'supertaps' we've had since we bought the place. So we bought the new taps...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, trying to remove copper pipe from sprinkler back flow. Used blow torch to soften solder. Did not melt what ever they used on connection. What...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I know this ain't plumbing. But some of you may know. I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock