Search the forum,

Discuss Copper connection on backflow in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, trying to remove copper pipe from sprinkler back flow. Used blow torch to soften solder. Did not melt what ever they used on connection. What could they have used instead of solder ? Thank You . BH

Reply to Copper connection on backflow in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at 21.1mm) than it normally is. This means I've been unable to use the special 3/4 to 22mm compression fittings as the olive is just too loose...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm in middle of my bathroom renovation and about to connect up the shower valve. Thus far I've run all copper but would you recommend I use soldered to 1/2 adapters in to the valve or compression fitting to 1/2? Obviously I'd need to pre-solder the adapter before installing the 1/2...
Replies
Views
L
We're in the process of doing grounds work for a new garden office, and unfortunately my go-to plumber is away and uncontactable at present. We need to lay a MDPE pipe for a cold water (only) supply for a WC and basin, as well as a second pipe to bring a bore hole feed up to a higher level in...
Replies
Views
M
Hi.I have 6 caste iron rads and want to connect them all the lines are in with the stubs sticking out of the wall. There are two manifolds down stairs each with 6 pipes each so it looks like each rad has a flow and return. From the manifolds 2 pipes go back to a baxi gas boiler . What valves...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock