Discuss tools required for oil boiler servicing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BenC

hopeing to do oftec soon so i can start servicing boilers, just wondering what tools im likely to need and what are the best ones to have, i.e what are the best flue gas analyzers to have.

Hi whpes, silly Q but what does HWOS stand for?

I have just done my oftec course so your list is very helpfull, thanku

Phil

If all your doing is servicing the oil boilers I wouldn't bother with the oftec

You dont need it. Just get yourself on some good courses. E.g grant or Worcester or what ever boiler is most comman round your way

You just need to be competent to service and I'm sure these courses will give you a better start point than the oftec course

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If all your doing is servicing the oil boilers I wouldn't bother with the oftec

You dont need it. Just get yourself on some good courses. E.g grant or Worcester or what ever boiler is most comman round your way

You just need to be competent to service and I'm sure these courses will give you a better start point than the oftec course

---

Are you for real! Or are you one of these people that thinks only gas installations can kill people.

Yes I agree you will not learn (hands on) much from the oftec training and assessments, I was lucky enough to spend some time with an engineer prior to my training and assessments.

But please endow us lesser mortals on why you deem it uneccessary to gain oftec accreditation?

:13:

There's no requirement for it. If your already gas safe and have a good understanding of combustion and safety. Then I can't see the problem

The appliance will have been installed by a Reg operative and commissioned correctly

What's the issue?

---

There's no requirement for it. If your already gas safe and have a good understanding of combustion and safety. Then I can't see the problem

The appliance will have been installed by a Reg operative and commissioned correctly

What's the issue?

---

Oh well that's alright then, being gas safe and all. Haven't done much oil, have we! :)

Oh well that's alright then, being gas safe and all. Haven't done much oil, have we! :)

That's why I recommend the grant or Worcester course.

Save him money and give a greater understanding of the boilers he may be working on

---

More to a service than the boiler/burner alone.

Agreed BUT. The op asked about just servicing the boiler

I'm just tryin to assist with the original question

---

....and like I said there's more to an oil boiler service than just the boiler/burner itself. The manufacturers courses will deal with specific boilers and burners, but won't cover oil storage or oil supply. I would hate to think the op serviced a boiler based on a manufacturers course to be landed with a massive bill because he wasn't aware that it was his responsibilty to look at these items as well and didn't see the leaking oil line or split tank or that the split tank was a single skin tank sat on a drain.

Boys boys, calm down!

I just need to get the main tools required for now.

I have done the whole course and passed so i can do servicing & commissioning, installation of the tanks and pipelines, and vaporising appliances!!

Boys boys, calm down!

I just need to get the main tools required for now.

I have done the whole course and passed so i can do servicing & commissioning, installation of the tanks and pipelines, and vaporising appliances!!

Congratulations, now the fun begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tools required for oil boiler servicing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock