Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss toilet tank no water. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daku

hey guys

just moved into a new property and flushed the toilet for the 1st time and all was fine.

few hrs later tried to flush again and it wont happen. There water doesnt seem to be flowing in the tank. Filled up the tank manually using a jug and the toilet flushed fine.

so no water is reaching the tank?? any solutions

much appreciated. thanks

water from taps seem to be working fine.

Is there a valve underneath the toilet or is the inlet valve stuck? Is it a ball float or a little plastic thing?

Is there an isolator underneath or anything? Welcome to the forum

Suffering from a touch of the zeb's
Obviously that should read pipework ......dam you predictive text:)

hey guys,

not at the property at the moment, as far as im aware there is no ball pump in the tank. could the previous owners have turned water to the toilet off somehow? . will take picture once im there

cheers

hey guys,

not at the property at the moment, as far as im aware there is no ball pump in the tank. could the previous owners have turned water to the toilet off somehow? . will take picture once im there

cheers

As soon as you have pics I'm sure somebody can sort it. Good luck!

heres some pics of the tank:

20130116_114957.jpg

ill try jc

anyone know where i may find the feed to check if its on?

thanks

Well it'll more than likely be on the pipe that's under the cistern, maybe not exactly right under. Look in boxing etc. a picture would help...

have a look under the cistern on the side that the black fill valve is, you will see a pipe joined to it. is there a silver valve fitting on the pipe? like this
ball type valve.jpgif there is, make sure the slot in it is going up-down not right-left.

hey guys

just got back from the property and seems like the tank has been filled, flush worked fine but again wasnt refilling

so it obviously is refilling but at a very slow pace.

just to make u aware i havent moved into the house as yet and when i leave the property i always turn the water mains off and back on again when i revisit. max time i have been at the house is 2hrs, so this is the max length it has been on. Do you think this is why the water is not flowing? because I havent left it on long enough?

here is another pic i have taken
20130118_202855.jpg

We're actually looking for something more like this!

Fitting-a-toilet-17-300x224.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
we need a picture of the pipe that enters the cistern from below ( not inside )... coming from the floor

Try manually pushing down the black float. It looks real close to the cistern wall. It might be sticking slightly and not dropping.
If no water is still present then if it's mains fed you probably got a blocked orifice or stuck washer. Otherwise it might be an airlock if it's tank fed.

yeah it looks like the valve sticking , seen this a few times especialy with torbeck valves... they are stiff to the back or side wall of the cistern so have trouble rising and refilling, the fact that your cistern does fill eventualy means that the water isnt turned off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to toilet tank no water. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock