Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Toilet siphon flushing much less water now in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello!

I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled.

I didn't do or change ANYTHING.

The problem: Now, when I flush, the siphon stops the flushing at a much higher level than before, flushing much less water than before. The flushing now stops every time at the hole you see on the picture. Before, it was stopping at one of the holes on the left (that is, at a much lower level).

Again: I didn't change ANYTHING. The hole the arrow is pointing to has always been unplugged.

Was it bad that I flushed without the siphon being covered with water? How can I make the siphon go back to flushing normally (that is, almost emptying the cistern)?

Thank you!
71hjBahcD+L._AC_SL1500_.png

Reply to Toilet siphon flushing much less water now in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock