Discuss Toilet drainage help needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

benunited

Hi folks

Hmm, seem to have made matters worse!

Got a new toilet from BnQ. Plumbed in fine, no probs other than it didn't seem to re-fill very high, seemed to flush without much power so to speak and wife grumbled a lot!!

Inside there's the 'filling tower' as I'll call it and the bit which flushes. The bit which flushes has an arm which connects to different heights.

I'll swear all I did was try connecting the arm to different heights! Too low and it lifts the flush, creating a constant flow to the toilet and obviously it doesn't refill to flush.

Too high and it doesn't have the leverage to lift the flush at all. So it's back to it's original position.

But now the cisterns only fills half way and the toilet drains way too low. When I flish it seems to backfill and raises the water in the toilet way too high before draining way too low again.

I'm sure there's no blockage in the soil pipe as it's connected to the other bathroom in the house and that drains fine. Also I can inspect the drain outside and everything seems to be flowing fine. Plus everything was working fine until I became involved other than the original minor issue.

Any thoughts on what I've done wrong much appreciated

Thanks

Ben

When I flish it seems to backfill and raises the water in the toilet way too high before draining way too low again.

That sounds like a blockage to me whatever you say.

Fill a couple of buckets with water and pour them rapidly into the pan and see what happens, if the pan fills up then drains slowly then it's got to be at least a partial blockage.

The cistern is a separate issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet drainage help needed! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock