Discuss Toilet blockage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jell

Hi, I recently had a blockage due to one of those toilet rim cleaners falling off and getting flushed away, I tried to clear it myself with a plunger and it sort-of worked, but the flush is noticeably less powerful than before. Faeces tends to get flushed but toilet paper usually remains.

My question is have I just delayed the problem and the blockage is just going to start building up again, or is it likely to fix on its own after enough flushes? And how much is a plumber likely to charge for fixing the issue?

Thanks

Did you actually get it out ? if not you'll have to remove toilet and it will probably be waiting for you at the outlet of toilet pan along with some smelly stuff !!

Get some gloves on and stick your hand down the bog its probably stuck at the back of the pan, worth a try before you do anything drastic.
I dont use any gloves btw, my immune system is awesome, this is probably because my mother breast fed me until I was 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had one last year for a customer, thought i had cleared it but returned 3 weeks later.
what happens is it tumbles in the s bend and either passes or clogs.
eventually a new toilet was requested by the custard and the offending item was only dislodged after smashing the damn thing out along with half a dozen compact clagnuts.

if its a angled multiquik you can peel it of the back of the pan and retrieve the holder other than that pan has to come out this is when your glad its on a flexi water conection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet blockage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an old low gallonage toilet. It flushes fine when when liquid waste is present. Every time, when there solid waste in the bowl (not a...
Replies
Views
Hi there I fitted a Sanicompact 43 about10 years ago. A few years ago i noticed that it would intermittently activate in the middle of the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
J
I took the toilet off. No clog. Put it back on and it's still has the issue of water rising before draining very slowly. Took 2-3 flushes just...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have a commercial customer who asked me a few months ago to investigate a toilet that kept blocking. They'd just had the blockage...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock