Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Toilet blockage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jell

Hi, I recently had a blockage due to one of those toilet rim cleaners falling off and getting flushed away, I tried to clear it myself with a plunger and it sort-of worked, but the flush is noticeably less powerful than before. Faeces tends to get flushed but toilet paper usually remains.

My question is have I just delayed the problem and the blockage is just going to start building up again, or is it likely to fix on its own after enough flushes? And how much is a plumber likely to charge for fixing the issue?

Thanks

Did you actually get it out ? if not you'll have to remove toilet and it will probably be waiting for you at the outlet of toilet pan along with some smelly stuff !!

Get some gloves on and stick your hand down the bog its probably stuck at the back of the pan, worth a try before you do anything drastic.
I dont use any gloves btw, my immune system is awesome, this is probably because my mother breast fed me until I was 12.

Last edited by a moderator:
i had one last year for a customer, thought i had cleared it but returned 3 weeks later.
what happens is it tumbles in the s bend and either passes or clogs.
eventually a new toilet was requested by the custard and the offending item was only dislodged after smashing the damn thing out along with half a dozen compact clagnuts.

if its a angled multiquik you can peel it of the back of the pan and retrieve the holder other than that pan has to come out this is when your glad its on a flexi water conection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet blockage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock