Discuss tile keeps slipping! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

hi Shaun, no i wanted to tile around the pipe work first, as that is the intricate part. once i had got that done, it would set up the rest nicely....well, thats what i thought..
Irrespective of what you need to fill and level up the wall you need to start from the bottom and work up. It's only appears to be two tile widths so with enough care when you batton the base tile you shouldn't go too far wrong.

hi all, i wanted to give you an update. i've skimmed the wall with tile adhesive. im using Mapei fast set adhesive.

thing is when i mixed it according to the instructions, it was runny, which i thickened up with more adhesive. it looked like cement mix, is spread nicely on the wall though, smooth. looking ahead, what should the consistency be for sticking the tiles. i thought it would be more thicker and and creamier

thanks

Around double cream consistency tbh itā€™s upto you some like it stiffer for walls than floors etc

Reply to tile keeps slipping! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly...
Replies
Views
Hi, Today I noticed one of the tiles in my shower enclosure has a crack in per the pictures below... I'm not sure how long it's been there but we...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Anyone involved in tiling a bathroom won't go far wrong using this adhesive , it's easy to mix with the power mixer, stays useable in the bucket a...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Hi all, We recently had a ground floor bathroom/wet room finished off, It's about 3.6m long by 2.7m wide, tiled from floor to ceiling and has no...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Bosch 24Ri regular boiler (open vent) which is 10 years old. It has been pretty reliable with only one fault (the fan unit...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock