Search the forum,

Discuss Repairing Cracked Tile in Shower Enclosure in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

Today I noticed one of the tiles in my shower enclosure has a crack in per the pictures below... I'm not sure how long it's been there but we haven't been using the shower for months as I keep meaning to get the seals replaced on the vertical uprights. It was whilst looking at these I noticed the cracked tile. I don't want to go down the road of replacing the tile as owing to it's location the whole shower enclosure frame etc will have to be removed to do it properly.

As for cause, the only thing I can think of that happened recently was a tiny piece of skirting the other side of the enclosure frame was replaced and maybe whilst being installed the tile got cracked.

In any case, we are now looking at how best to repair this... My thoughts have been the following.

1) Apply silicon over the crack.
2) Have heard some kind of epoxy resin might do the trick.
3) Clear nail polish.

Now aesthetically it is not a big deal as it is right in the bottom corner. It's more about preventing water ingress.

I'd welcome any other thoughts / suggestions. Maybe another way is to cover the tile completely with something to stop water getting in.

Attachments

• IMG_7323.jpg
    IMG_7323.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7488.jpg
    IMG_7488.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7489.jpg
    IMG_7489.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 10
  • zoomed.png
    zoomed.png
    856.8 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Possibly where the shower is screwed to wall through tiles, you could grind the crack wider and then grout. If you are not too worried about the look

Reply to Repairing Cracked Tile in Shower Enclosure in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock