Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic Shower Mixer Problem in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sammy S

We have recently had a brand new bathroom fitted, however, the thermostatic shower mixer does not work properly - the shower is either boiling hot or freezing cold, there is no in between. The company we bought it from have sent us a replacement cartridge but it is exactly the same. How do we fix it please? We are not keen on smashing tiles off our walk to replace the whole unit if there is a way to resolve it. The pipework to the bathroom is all new, including a new system boiler and tank. Thanks.

Thanks. No it’s never worked. So if the mixer unit is on upside down or the hot and cold are the wrong way, is there any way to fix it just with the thermostatic cartridge, without bashing a hole in the wall and taking the whole thing out? Thanks.

Is it a solid wall or stud ?

Well first I'd try putting it on the other way up depending if you can if it's a hose coming off it only and not a rigid pipe upto shower head. If it does work then obviously the hot and cold feeds are wrong. Other than that, get whoever put it in to get it sorted.

Regarding the cartridge, if a new one didn't fix it before I doubt it. A cartridge won't do anything if its just cold going through anyway.

Reply to Thermostatic Shower Mixer Problem in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock