Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic shower cutting out - Salamander CT50 Twin (2014) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

A couple of days ago our shower power would not kick in.
I switched off at the power and ran the water for a bit which seemed to resolve it.
However yesterday the problem returned but worse.
I tried switching the power off and running both hot and cold but the issue persists and the flow is intermittent - strong for about 5 seconds then stopping for about 10 seconds as the cycle repeats.
Any advise please? I'm wondering if the pump has had it or there is not enough water going through?
We have a tank in the loft and cylinder in the upstairs airing cupboard beside the bathroom.

Thanks

HH

Thanks for your reply.
I haven't yet, was hoping for a simple solution but will give it a go as long as relatively straight forward.
I assume I would need to turn the water off at the mains and it looks as though it would just be the inlet filter that I would need to check?. Hopefully, if there is debris, it will just be a case of cleaning them.

Thanks for your reply.
I haven't yet, was hoping for a simple solution but will give it a go as long as relatively straight forward.
I assume I would need to turn the water off at the mains and it looks as though it would just be the inlet filter that I would need to check?. Hopefully, if there is debris, it will just be a case of cleaning them.
You should have valves on the inlets, if not someone needs a kick up the rear, and you will need to drain the cold water storage tank.

You should have valves on the inlets, if not someone needs a kick up the rear, and you will need to drain the cold water storage tank.
Thanks. It's worked for 6 years so likely would've gone wrong sooner if was botched?
[automerge]1588359515[/automerge]
Thanks. It's worked for 6 years so likely would've gone wrong sooner if was botched?
I'm going to give this a go tomorrow - fingers crossed. Thanks again for your help.
[automerge]1588410033[/automerge]
Thanks again for your help.
When you say valves on he inlets are you referring to the filters or valves to cut off water supply? (or something else?
I was able to turn valves to cut off water supply and of the inlet hoses from the cold water tank and the hot water cylinder, only the cold water hose had a filer - is this normal?
There was a little debris on the single filter that I found which I washed off but it hasn't corrected the problem.
I assume that I don't need to check outlets for filters (i.e. pipes leading from the pump to the shower or should I check these as well?

Thanks
HH

Last edited:
[automerge]1588359515[/automerge]

I'm going to give this a go tomorrow - fingers crossed. Thanks again for your help.
[automerge]1588410033[/automerge]

Thanks again for your help.
When you say valves on he inlets are you referring to the filters or valves to cut off water supply? (or something else?
I was able to turn valves to cut off water supply and of the inlet hoses from the cold water tank and the hot water cylinder, only the cold water hose had a filer - is this normal?
There was a little debris on the single filter that I found which I washed off but it hasn't corrected the problem.
I assume that I don't need to check outlets for filters (i.e. pipes leading from the pump to the shower or should I check these as well?

Thanks
HH
No filters on outlets. If you feel confident you could disconnect the inlet hoses and put them in a bucket and turn each one separate and flush the pipes through. If that doesn't resolve the problem it sounds like your pump is on it way out? Maybe someone else can give you another suggestion.

Reply to Thermostatic shower cutting out - Salamander CT50 Twin (2014) in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock