Search the forum,

Discuss Thermostatic Mixing Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

quick question regarding tmv's, I have been asked to install a tmv for a school as the childrens sinks are very hot.

They have 5 sinks in a row, would I need a separate valve for each sink or could I use 1 for all of them?

Thanks

They do tell you on the literature how many litres per minute they can produce, so assuming all 5 may be turned on at once you may end up putting 5 in.

If they're low water using taps you can easily use 3 taps on one TMV.

If they aren't low use, then they should be, especially as it's a school.

This might help! Was given this by TRITON. Shows the flow rates against KW's and temperature.

Worth tucking away perhaps?

eze4br.jpg

I would be looking at the minimum flow rates of the TMV's first.

We have encountered many problems with TMV's and one of the biggest is the flow rate through water saving taps not being enough to operate the TMV properly.

You may need one on each tap - particularly if its a school and also to cover your backside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Thermostatic Mixing Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock