Search the forum,

Discuss The definitive "Best Boiler" survey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Regular contributors to the forum will know that a common question is "whats the best boiler..."

The same question also comes up on countless other forums, and on facebook etc.

They often produce long threads as installers with particular preferences make claims for their preferred models with various degrees of explanatory detail. Answers also reflect the interests of individual installers, which may not necessarily align with the interests of home owners.

We thought that the time had come to undertake a properly structured survey of verified heating engineers, asking about specific boiler models that they had actually fitted or worked on. We ask some additional questions to establish the level of experience and range of products that engineers have handled, and separate out differing factors like component quality, ease of installation and servicing, reliability, after-sales etc to get a really well rounded view of each manufacturer and product.

We finally lead up to the question "how likely are you to recommend this product to friends or family" in each of three cost categories - budget, mid market and premium.

If you are a gas safe registered engineer, please participate in the survey here. It is quite detailed, so you might like to brew a cuppa first. Exactly how long it takes depends on how many different brands and models you have fitted or serviced in the last year.

Please note that we will check every GSR number to make sure that every response is from a genuine, qualified engineer.

Once we have sufficient data, we will analyse the stats and publish the results. Participants who leave us their contact details will go into a prize draw, and will get an advance copy of the report - which will also be published online.

We hope that this will then become the definitive answer to the question "whats the best boiler..?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ray, the page is asking for the number:

What is your Gas Safe registered number (from your ID card, usually 7 digits long).

Gas Safe registration number is between 1 and 6 digits, recently issued Gas Safe registration numbers are 6 digits.
Licence number is 7 digits.

Hope it helps.

that was long enough felt like i was having a test :D

I think anyone who manages to complete the survey deserves a prize!

I think anyone who manages to complete the survey deserves a prize!

I agree that it is long, although it is also responsive - if you have only worked on one model all year long, its quite short. If you work on lots of different brands and models, then it can get long.

But thats kind of the point. If you want a comprehensive review, you need comprehensive data, and you can only get that by asking lots of questions.

Thanks to all who have filled it out - I think we had over 70 earlier today. I would like to get a few hundred before we start to draw conclusions.

Nope! Croppie takes the veils off...

Secludes them... and when in private, dons them and prances around in front of the mirror and mutters to himself - 'I would make a beautiful Bride'

Then realises the lipstick clashes and decides to try different shades to see what suits his glowing cheeks.

I'm off to the 'sin bin'

I'll give myself a week after I hit the post button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to The definitive "Best Boiler" survey in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock