Discuss Tap handle retaining screw corroded and broken...is drilling the best way? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Draez

The tap handle was loose so i opened it up and found this mess...the end of the retaining screw has snapped at the base leaving about 5mm of the screw within the hole with nothing proud to get the pliers on.

I should add that I am not a plumber, I get one in for any significant work but this doesn't look too bad...any reason why i couldn't drill it out? Any tips? Also the best way to remove the gunk...2 pics, the second shows how the hole should be (ie not filled with broken off screw...)

Cheers for any help

Attachments

• tap1.JPG
    tap1.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 25
  • tap2.JPG
    tap2.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 26
Once you have cleaned out the gunk, you may find that it is a standard tap valve module which you can replace. May be tricky removing it though?

Can you take a side on view picture of the tap base and post it on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tap handle retaining screw corroded and broken...is drilling the best way? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I know nothing about plumbing 🤦‍♂️ and am trying to sort out a leaking kitchen tap. It's a Franke Davos 'J' Tap. I turned off the water to the...
Replies
Views
I have fitted a new set of mono mixer taps to new bathroom basin pedestal and for some reason, I’m unable to get the tap hole/base ring...
Replies
Views
Hi there I connected a new shower wand which has a chrome outlet back into a 4" inch thin wide wall and comes out to a 1/2 inch male. I put a...
Replies
Views
Hi I have bought a Reginox Beni kitchen mixer from Plumbase and have unpacked the tap and it appears set for cold on left and hot on right, which...
Replies
Views
Please can you help. I’m trying to replace the cartridge on our monobloc kitchen mixer tap. I’ve found the secret hexnut and removed the handle...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock