Discuss System Chemical Flush Best Practice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Thanks for the advice, I did see this test advertised but wondered if it would work with Center cleaner and inhibitor products?
"Interpretation of the results is based on the samples being representative of the system and treatment being with Fernox products"

Center do a similar test:

They're interesting in a geeky sort of way, but not cheap, ca £100.

Thanks for the advice, I did see this test advertised but wondered if it would work with Center cleaner and inhibitor products?
It might not tell you anything about other brands of inhibitor and their dose rate but it will tell you whether the water is corrosive and what's in it.

Half fill a jar with system water and drop a mild steel nail in it, give it a day. If there is rust, the system needs inhibitor.

Old fashioned way but it works as it is basic chemistry.

Thanks for the science suggestion, I have just got back a report from Fernox which confirmed a pH of 7.8 against an 8 which I estimated using litmus paper, they also confirmed it was reasonably clean, although the water is harder (calcium carbonate content) then recommended at 250 compared to a maximum of 226ppm.

Reply to System Chemical Flush Best Practice in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I had my new boiler and 13 radiators installed in July last year, but since installed all the radiators always top half hot and bottom half...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First Post on here. I am hoping someone can help with the below. I have mounted 2 new rads to a recent extention we have had. The rads...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
Would love some advice please: I had 4 radiators replaced in September as part of a kitchen refit. This included new copper piperwork behind the...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock