Discuss Stupid custard getting funny in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beesley121

Hi guys,

did a landlord check for a new customer, once the job was done, I asked him to pay me via bacs and then I would send him a receipt and the certificate. He paid me and asked me to look at another house of his as that too needed a landlord cert. I told him I would do the other cert and send him both certs together in the post.

To to cut a long story short, I found a couple of issues with the other house. His back boilers gas valve wouldn't allow adjustment of the burner pressure and it was too low. Also the gas supply to his cooker was too small for the run and was causing a low working pressure at the appliance with the flames getting smaller and smaller the more rings where turned on. When I took a look at the gas pipe, it was boxed in outside using ply, once I removed this, I found that the pipe was clipped directly to the wall and also there was maze of 2.5mm twin and earth running on top of it not clipped also.

Spoke to landlord, gave him a price for gas valve replacement, he agreed. Did the job, he's happy. Gave him a price for renewing gas supply to cooker. He wasn't happy. Said it was too much. Told him it was reasonable as they was a few things that needed to be done to make it all safe. He's now getting someone else to take a look at the job. This is the same guy that has been popping into the property and saying he's a gas fitter every 12 month but never give the tenant any paperwork. He also said that the low flame was due to the thermostat and changed the said part and it made no difference a few years ago but left it as it is. He is also a fireman. Not saying firemen cant be gas fitters too but something don't add up

ive asked the landlord to pay me for the work already done. He said he told me he would pay asap which will probably be Thursday!! And wants me to send him a receipt and cert for the other property and a invoice for this property.

as I've paid out for a new gas valve, I'm worried he's now going to try have me over. I don't want to send him anything incase he doesn't pay up. What should I do? And if I send him an invoice and he doesn't pay, could he use that to claim tax relief

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the landlord on Thursday when he hands you the money, you hand him the paperwork. As for the fireman, go sit on the fire engine, when your asked what your doing, explain he's doing your job, so you want a go at his. Easy.

never give the cert without payment it tends to keep the l/lord focused more on his chq book

dead right you keep the certificate.
A full time fireman and he is GSR, yer right !!!!!

be very careful , as fireman are good at ping pong & he might put a right hand spin on your backside,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stupid custard getting funny in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, A plumber did some work for me and has done so in the past as well and has been great which is why I hire him. Anyway the last job...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
T
I booked a plumber to fit a wall mounted sink in my bathroom, but when his fitter took the old sink out the wall wasn't strong enough to support...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Back