Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Studying for my Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm at South Lanarkshire college studying for my gas foundation then ACS.

Apart from the Bpec manual can anyone recommend study material ?

Thank

Derek

I'm at South Lanarkshire college studying for my gas foundation then ACS.

Apart from the Bpec manual can anyone recommend study material ?

Thank

Derek

Don't bother with any other books, they all contain the same stuff, ok layout on some is different but if it's a bpec centre stick to the bpec book,
You will enjoy the course there, I've done some part time work there the gas guys are a good bunch

Thanks Kirkgas, we aren't due to get the gas book for a good few weeks but I am going to order one before then and get stuck into it.
I've heard good things about all of the lecturers in the gas dept.

Worrying about the placement I will get though as some of the boys have ended up with plumbing companies and have done zilch gas work.

Derek.

Dont buy the book before you do the course, 1) it will cost you £40 and 2) you will just read on in front of the rest of the group and you won't be able to help yourself asking questions about module 4 when the group is just starting and you will annoy everyone haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Studying for my Gas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Apprentice plumber here studying level 2 at college. Before I got into plumbing I tiled over my stopcock as I assumed I wouldn't ever use it...
Replies
Views
Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas...
Replies
Views
Hey folks, I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to set up my hot water and central heating systems. Got a gas boiler with a pressure tank and a motor...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock