Discuss stopcock key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

herbert

Looking for a stop tap key for this water meter. I'm told its a mushroom top but I've not come across this type before I think it's the 'skirt' that sticks out 20mm with the groovs in about half way down. Any advice appreciated ta

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 111
I have seen one of those before, I'm pretty sure. Only the one I had to work with had a flimsy plastic "handle" slightly to the side of your white part here, going all the way down to the base (from memory, I'd place it at the notch in the white base in the bottom of your picture, at about 2 o'clock on the circle). It closed surprisingly easily, which I was very grateful about because it felt like the handle-thing could snap in my hand at any moment.

If that bit is missing, I don't know what you can use instead. I would be interested to find out though.

Ha! Good one. I had in mind to have something sturdier in the van, but your solution would work too :)

Walk along the street lifting other lids and borrow their key ;-)
Yeah I lifted 10 other ones but no key so I was stuck not even knowing how to turn the bloody thing off but now I will try find one to buy now I know what to look for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to stopcock key in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked...
Replies
Views
Hi, as you can see pictured I have a stopcock without a packing gland. Over the past few days my cistern inlet was suffering from an airlock and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
J
I have an Arteform shower valve in my bathroom - top lever for the main shower head, middle for the handheld hose and bottom is the thermostatic...
Replies
Views
Back