Discuss Speed in plumbing ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AI Plumber

Gas Engineer
How was your experience when you first started getting the hang of things ? How easy was it bending multiple bends etc ?

How ow was your speed in plumbing, did it get faster by time and experience?

How was your experience when you first started getting the hang of things ? How easy was it bending multiple bends etc ?

How ow was your speed in plumbing, did it get faster by time and experience?

when i was an apprentice someone told me "dont work on doing things fast, work on doing things right and speed will come with time".
I'm still waiting...

I've got quicker at finding the faults, but putting things right still takes too long.

You get more experienced, but as for being quicker - it depend whether or not you are on an hourly rate or doing the work for a price.

Experience helps you when you are doing the job for a price.

It also help you when you are working on an hourly rate - it tells you that you can slow down and take things a little easier.

Never think about rushing or speed, that's when mistakes happen.

I'd rather spend 6 hours piping up a Combi jig and get everything spot on and neat than rush it and it look a mess and leak

When you gain more Experience you don't get faster so much as you can plan ahead better and don't waste time

Use to be part of a team doing 2 packs a day after a while becomes a walk in park however wouldn't fancy it now.

we used to do 5 rads and a boiler a day 2 handed, council places all surface or day and a half with a cylinder and tank

Whats more important is to learn how to work slowly..

Speed comes with time, don't even think about it sooner enough your be doing things at twice the pace as before.

I'm by no means the fastest plumber around, if anything I'd say I'm down the slower end but with that I often get compliments on how neat my work is and I very rarely get any leaks or issues. I work to do it right and do it once!

Experience makes diagnosing faults quick. Experience also means you learn a few tricks to make awkward jobs easier. But as to doing fast work, as you get older your head will know how to do it faster & better, but your body won't want to.

generally working for a company/ subbying.

as you get wiser your speed will match the amount your being paid to do the work, so will your standard of work (if you have any sense).

if somebody wants to pay you a good wage that enables your to do the work to a very good standard at a reasonable speed then great.

if somebody wants to pay you a poor wage for the same work then fine. It gets done to the standard they are paying you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Speed in plumbing ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock