Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Speed fit?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Do any of you guys use speed fit cap ends as a permanent fitting?
Personally I don't like the idea.

Have done in the past, but seen them come off. Soldered or comp now.

A must have in the pocket though for when things go breasts up.

Aye, mabye as a short term testing solution but never permanent unless it was after a shut valve.

temp only as already said solder or compression for permanent

So why would they guarantee there fittings for 25 years if they are only for temp use?

I have used them permanant but rather have solder or comp , we all know its got 25 years however ask any plumbs and we all say never quite trust plastic .

Might have 25 years, but you will have to prove you pressure tested to 10 bar.

If these are no good, then surely all pushfit fittings are useless?!
I thought most new builds were pushfit...
Are they any worse than alkaphene fittings

My understanding was that the 25 yr warranty was only if the system was used - ie it contained water.

The issue being that if you leave o rings dry for long enough, they stop working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Speed fit?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
D
Pipes for thermostat shower have been fitted at different heights. Any way of rectifying without ripping all tiles. So for clarity 15mm pipes...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock