Discuss Somebody help me, Pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ok, I have fitted the shower tray and cubicle (1200 x 900), but now I am having a nightmare:mad2:
the gap underneath the tray needs to be made good. What plastic kinda material can I use to fit beneath there to make it look pro? Been to Selco & many places but no luck. Have fitted some in the past, but customers always bought them.

why dont you just use some facia boards type things in white and cut them down? and screw them in place with white cover caps for screws and seal tidy with white silacone (anti fungal) . i take it you raised it for the trap?

if its curved just buy some plastic quadrant fm merchant or buy a riser kit and use whats supplied

if its a square one, if not he can get a thinner one and it will bend no problem , something like a thin sheet of white plastic / perspex thing!!! they come in 8x4 sheets but cant immagine they are expensive!

as others i just use faschia board or if it you can get a riser kit for it use that

These type of things can work ?
[DLMURL="http://www.nationalplastics.co.uk/gb/catalogue/D011/ARCHITRAVES%20&%20TRIMS/White%20Architraves%20&%20Trims"]National Plastics - ARCHITRAVES & TRIMS/White Architraves & Trims - Guttering | Cladding | Workwear | plastic guttering suppliers | rubber roofing |Buy Gutters | Decking[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
why dont you just use some facia boards type things in white and cut them down? and screw them in place with white cover caps for screws and seal tidy with white silacone (anti fungal) . i take it you raised it for the trap?

All raised with external boards. everything checked and sound. Now wish I had concentrated on where customers got the ones they provided?

Thanks everyone. Will delay making good the base and tell customer that bit is not finished as I want them to use for a couple of weeks so I can confirm there is no leak b4 I finish it orff. They will be thinking: ''what a considerable plumbum''. Little will they know I am just using that as an excuse to look for something plastic to fit there.

BTW, I really do not want to use any wood material of any form. thanx anyway

i use wall upvc cladding, the backside is the side you look at and the groove lip (as in t&g), is left 10mm higher so it can be siliconed flush to the tray

Your local upvc double glazing firm should be able to supply some bendy facia board. I bought some last week for ÂŁ7 for 3 metres.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Somebody help me, Pls in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have bought a shower tray and it has an extra large hole for the waste trap. Its a cooke and lewis think its an eclips 1400 x 900 tray. The hole...
Replies
Views
https://www.wickes.co.uk/STS-Construction-Board-1200-x-800-x-12mm/p/225437 Found this. Just wondered if it can be used instead of tile backer...
Replies
Views
Hi sorry im a newbie, pls help if u can. I had a new bathroom installed about a yr ago and since then when i flush the toilet the room stinks of...
Replies
Views
I have bought a replacement 1200 shower door & 1200 x 900 tray, ready for a refurb starting soon. The current door & tray is in a recess, which...
Replies
Views
B
I have bought a replacement 1200 shower door & 1200 x 900 tray, ready for a refurb starting soon. The current door & tray is in a recess, which...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock