Search the forum,

Discuss 1200mm shower door query in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Bolly1

I have bought a replacement 1200 shower door & 1200 x 900 tray, ready for a refurb starting soon.

The current door & tray is in a recess, which measures 1200 x 900, but these measurements include the current tiles, which will be replaced. I now see that the new door has a tolerance of 1150-1190 & am concerned it won't be wide enough. I am also concerned the shower tray won't be either. I naively thought a 1200 door would be at least 1200 wide, with reduced width tolerances for wonky walls.

I am wondering if it would be easier to look for a door with a minimum 1200 width, rather than packing out walls or sourcing extension profiles, but then what about the tray?

Any input appreciated.

Fit the tray against one wall so that the tiles will sit down on it and then cover the other wall with wedi board to pack it out, so that the tiles also sit down on tray.

Reply to 1200mm shower door query in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have bought a replacement 1200 shower door & 1200 x 900 tray, ready for a refurb starting soon. The current door & tray is in a recess, which measures 1200 x 900, but these measurements include the current tiles, which will be replaced. I now see that the new door has a tolerance of 1150-1190...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, I have an alcove shower with a wall to wall measurement of 952mm. I need a bifold door and am looking at something contemporary, 8mm glass with black trim- Issue is that the lower spec limit of the door is 960mm. It seems to be the same with all (Yes I can get a 1000 bifold door in...
Replies
Views
I have a Neo-Angle shower tray, … imagine an oblong with corner cut at 45 degree It’s 1.2m x 0.9m The ‘Roman’ shower door has failed, the only shower door that fits this tray is a now a ‘Roman’ glass frameless style. Ordered it and I have hit a problem Installation is by fixing the vertical...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi I've fitted the above that has a 400 fixed panel and the sliding door which means the door is restricted to opening 400mm. The customer is unable to enter it as he is not small enough, so l will have to adapt or replace it for him. Its on a sit on 100mm high acrylic tray, another point he is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock