Search the forum,

Discuss 1200mm shower door query in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Bolly1

I have bought a replacement 1200 shower door & 1200 x 900 tray, ready for a refurb starting soon.

The current door & tray is in a recess, which measures 1200 x 900, but these measurements include the current tiles, which will be replaced. I now see that the new door has a tolerance of 1150-1190 & am concerned it won't be wide enough. I am also concerned the shower tray won't be either. I naively thought a 1200 door would be at least 1200 wide, with reduced width tolerances for wonky walls.

I am wondering if it would be easier to look for a door with a minimum 1200 width, rather than packing out walls or sourcing extension profiles, but then what about the tray?

Any input appreciated.

Fit the tray against one wall so that the tiles will sit down on it and then cover the other wall with wedi board to pack it out, so that the tiles also sit down on tray.

Reply to 1200mm shower door query in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock