Discuss smelly washer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammydodger

Gas Engineer
help! my washing machine keeps smelling of drains. the waste connection has a trap but the pipe terminates right at the bottom of the stack pipe. is there a certain height that the last waste connection has to terminate into the stack pipe. i also keep getting black lines on my clothes. any help would be greatly appreciated thanx

Do you mean the washing machine is tee'd in after the trap. If so then that would be why you're getting a smell. It should be connected before the trap as the water in the trap is what stops smells coming up from the drains.

stagnant wter in the machine,
buy some lemon deodoriser from shop.

Maybe induced siphonage from the stack. A positive zone in your soil pipe at the lowest point where the air is compressed. If it's identified as such then anti-siphon can be fitted

is there a certain height that the last waste connection has to terminate into the stack pipe.

Yes. 450mm from the invert of the stack to entry of connection. If it's a long radial. Make sure the w/m waste is secured above the drum too.If it's not then the water from the waste hose is becoming stagnant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to smelly washer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back