Currently reading:
smelly washer?

Discuss smelly washer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammydodger

Gas Engineer
help! my washing machine keeps smelling of drains. the waste connection has a trap but the pipe terminates right at the bottom of the stack pipe. is there a certain height that the last waste connection has to terminate into the stack pipe. i also keep getting black lines on my clothes. any help would be greatly appreciated thanx

Do you mean the washing machine is tee'd in after the trap. If so then that would be why you're getting a smell. It should be connected before the trap as the water in the trap is what stops smells coming up from the drains.

Maybe induced siphonage from the stack. A positive zone in your soil pipe at the lowest point where the air is compressed. If it's identified as such then anti-siphon can be fitted

is there a certain height that the last waste connection has to terminate into the stack pipe.

Yes. 450mm from the invert of the stack to entry of connection. If it's a long radial. Make sure the w/m waste is secured above the drum too.If it's not then the water from the waste hose is becoming stagnant.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to smelly washer? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock