Discuss Sludge in radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

Some of the radiators in my home are hot on top and cold at the bottom suggesting a buildup of sludge, while some radiators work perfectly fine. If it is a sludge problem shouldn't it affect all radiators? What else could the priblom be other than sludge buildup?

And in case it is sludge, since the radiators are really old, if I were to replace them with new radiators would it solve the problem or would I still need a powerflush?

Thanks!

Take them off and wash them out with a hose if it turns you on for a saturday shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sludge in radiators in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator...
Replies
Views
The system is about 20 years old and has never been cleaned. The radiator water looks like tar and several radiators are warm at top and cold at...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back