Discuss Sizing my new combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
And would I be right to say the current boiler I have would be fine running 22mm pipework.

Thanks agin for your imput.

Yes, you really need 22 with individual 15 branches to rads. I've seen boilers really badly damaged by insufficient flow, so best get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Yes, you really need 22 with individual 15 branches to rads. I've seen boilers really badly damaged by insufficient flow, so best get it sorted sooner rather than later.

Hi so can I still run the flow and returns to the rads off the 22mm in 15mm as the longest run will only be about 15ft and it's the 3rd rad off the boiler and about 3ft on the first floor.

Cheers

Yes that would be ideal. I don't tend to run any more than 3 radiators off of 15mm copper depending on rad sizes. If you start from the boiler in 22mm and pipe as far as poss in 22mm then reduce down for the last couple. You should find the extra flow will resolve your problem.

Cheers guys for all your advise......just one more question. Would be best if I run the main flow and return pipe in 22mm all the way to the last rad then Reduce to 15mm for the valves. Then just tap off the 22mm and connect upto my existing 15mm legs to the rest of the rads.

Cheers

You'll be fine with the last rad on 15 f&r. It's basically a long tail.

Have you flushed your cast iron rads before installing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sizing my new combi boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock