Search the forum,

Discuss Silicon Lubricant and JG Speed Fit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wild nomad

Hi There,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a silicon lubricant that can be used for potable water pipes? When I look at the tech specs on the various products they don't seem to say one way or the other!

Also, has anyone out there used JG Speed fit fittings for a central heating system? Are they appropriate for those sort of temperatures?

Thanks in advance

Mike :)

Then its job creation steve well have a call out in few weeks time of blow off fitg

Also, has anyone out there used JG Speed fit fittings for a central heating system? Are they appropriate for those sort of temperatures?

MOST JG Speedfit fittings are fine for central heating, but be careful - there are some fittings that are rated to a maximum of 65 degrees - like this isolating valve.

You're fine with ordinary elbows, tees, coupling etc. If in doubt, check the product packaging or the JG website.

Cant use it on an oil boiler with sealed system and cant use it on secondary return also must 1m away from boiler.

Cant use it on an oil boiler with sealed system and cant use it on secondary return also must 1m away from boiler.

Can use it on oil boiler sealed system. Must be at least 1.8m from boiler. Had this out with worcester whilst on one of their visits. We asked them why they said you cant, they told us you can. But in saying that, they still havent updated their mi's.

Can use it on oil boiler sealed system. Must be at least 1.8m from boiler. Had this out with worcester whilst on one of their visits. We asked them why they said you cant, they told us you can. But in saying that, they still havent updated their mi's.
Have to disagree simon according to speedfit their technical brochure page 44 says cant use it on oil boiler with a sealed system also on drops the highest point has to be capable of releasing air. Speedfit technicall would overide what worcester says

Have to disagree simon according to speedfit their technical brochure page 44 says cant use it on oil boiler with a sealed system also on drops the highest point has to be capable of releasing air. Speedfit technicall would overide what worcester says

Went direct to jg's technical. No issues with speedfit on an oil boiler sealed system. Still waiting for the written confirmation though.

What did they say about their brochure simon was it a misprint or have they improved the quality of their pipe.

Last edited by a moderator:
polypipe push fit (polyfit,polyplumb) used to come with alittle sillicone grease on the orings. They stopped it because it was easy to attract dirt onto the grease/oring and even tho they expect you to use the fittings in a clean environment its the construction game after all.

They now have "pre lubricated" dry orings but they recommend you add some polypipe sillicone grease yourself i believe if needed.

polypipe push fit (polyfit,polyplumb) used to come with alittle sillicone grease on the orings. They stopped it because it was easy to attract dirt onto the grease/oring and even tho they expect you to use the fittings in a clean environment its the construction game after all.

They now have "pre lubricated" dry orings but they recommend you add some polypipe sillicone grease yourself i believe if needed.
I prefer poly to jg myself [emoji481]

What did they say about their brochure simon was it a misprint or have they improved the quality of their pipe.

Ill speak to them again this week and chase them up for something in print. They were vague about the brochure. Once I have it ill post it to the thread.

Very true 'AW' last contract I did using there gear they were pushing us to use spray lubricant,failing that the Rep said just 'gob' on them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Silicon Lubricant and JG Speed Fit? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock