Discuss Shower Pump Anti Vibes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlumbersMate

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What is the best material I can use to fashion some Anti Vibe footing for a noisy shower pump? Popped in to a call out on the way home and a new pump install has been mounted on the wooden racking in an airing cupboard and making an absolute racket!

Minor issue I know but want to make sure I get it right as airing cupboard is in one of the bedrooms!

is there not room to site the pump on the floor? sometimes i use a paving slab if vibrations are very bad often with some foam sheeting like you get from a camping sleeping mat. i think you will be hardpressed to reduce vibration on wooden racking.

I suggested moving it to the floor and she said she will think it over ! lol I said its the best option if you want it solved, but she said wont that take longer and cost more?! lol

typical custard wants the best possible job done for the least possible amount

If it's a cheap job that they are after, I find these work. :)

images

Superb! Lol thanks lads, will see what she says in the morning with regards to moving it. If not may just try sheet of polystyrene

Like Steveb says - you need mass and isolation for good anti-vibration.

Cant beat bolting the pump solidly down to something heavy (concrete slab) which is itself sitting on something squishy (foam rubber etc).

Obviously it should be connected to the pipework with flexi's (shh - System3 might be listening :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower Pump Anti Vibes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock