Discuss Shower head and valve not centered in the shower box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galego

Need a bit of advice.

I just moved into a house and yesterday I noticed that the shower head and valve are not centered. My first thought is that the timber is running in the center and they couldn't center the shower pipes for the head and valve.

1- Do you think that the above was the case?
2- Is there any easy way to fix this and bring the shower head and valve to the center?

Thanks,
David

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it that big an issue?

In fairness, it is only me and my wife using the shower so not a big of an issue. I just wonder why this was done in that way and whether this is normal in these kind of situations.

I am asking all the above because I am tiling the shower box and that that is when I have noticed it really.

Probably done that way to give more showering space, or to reach into the shower and turn it on easier.
Unless you fancy digging the tiles off the wall and probably some more remedial work, then I would live with it.

Show us a picture and I'll tell you what I think because I'm OCD too.

Shower is tiny. Originally 700x700. I am replacing the tray to a 700x900 and fully tiling the ensuite. I was offered the option to extend the ensuite taking space from the room but was working out too expensive for the sick of 200cm wider.

Picture here.

postimg.org/image/89kintw2f/

Your thoughts? Please be brutally honest.

could be a few reasons, probably due to studwork in the way, or the walls have gone in different to what was first planned when piped up, or a lazy plumber could not be bother'd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower head and valve not centered in the shower box in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock