Discuss Shower cold water feed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richierichrich

Hi,

My shower is awful at the moment because the cold water comes from the water tank in the loft which is probably 1 degree in temp or even ice and the thermostatic valve is completely restricting the flow becuase of the very cold water..
A friend of mine mentioned closed systems and the fact that the water in a closed system would be warmer becuase it comes form underground.
My question is this:- rather than feed the pump from the water tank, could I split off from the feed pipe for the water tank and let that feed the pump instead? Is there any reason why I could not do this? I realise that if water is drawn from the water tank then the pressure will decrease when the float valve calls for water.
Any ideas?

Thanks very much.

Rich

hi rich unfortunately you cannot tap into the tank feed for the pump feed because it is illegal to pump mains pressure water. it has to be taken off the tank after the mains feed i.e. separate feed from tank.

hi rich unfortunately you cannot tap into the tank feed for the pump feed because it is illegal to pump mains pressure water. it has to be taken off the tank after the mains feed i.e. separate feed from tank.

Steve,

Thanks for your reply. How do they do it with closed systems, becuase if they do not have a tanl they must be feeding direct from the mains? Out of curiosity, why is it illegal?

Rich

if run off a sealed or mains pressured system no pump is required due to the increased pressure and flow rates

I thought you could legally pump up too 12 litres per minute ? if mains fed you shoudnt need the pump.

hi sorry to jump the thread but i had a fault on a shower waste pump today, it wasn't pumping the water away when i put the stat on the shower above 3. I thought it was the flow switch failing but after reading this thread im now thinking its just the feed temp is too low can anybody confirm either way? its mains fed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower cold water feed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock