Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Shower arm diverter valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
I'm trying to add an all metal/brass shower arm diverter valve to have a shower head and handheld. There are many different valves on the market but I couldn't find any that would not restrict the water flow. Here are some pictures (with reviews) I got off of Amazon to show you what I mean.
I would really appreciate your hep in finding the right valve that is not going to restrict the water flow and loose the water pressure on either side
Thank you in advance

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 03.JPG
    03.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 15
I think you’re gonna struggle to find what you want. I’ve not fitted them before but just looking at the design of them, they are too small to be full bore.

The holes are there to allow the diverter to seal one outlet while allowing the other to flow. If the holes were bigger, the sealing face of the diverter would need to be bigger. You’d then end up with a lot larger unit.

It would be as pretty, but you could make your own out of copper pipe/fittings and valves.

Reply to Shower arm diverter valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a heating system comprised of skirting radiators that form part of a loop from the boiler, round the house and back. Some rooms get...
Replies
Views
I have a traditional style bath tap with shower attachment via a diverter. The lever no longer moves, and so I managed to unscrew the lever arm...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head...
Replies
Views
W
Hello all. I have fitted three new Saracen timed flow valves to existing shower rooms. But these valves are still allowing water to flow from...
Replies
Views
Hi all. My hot water feed for my shower is on the left and the cold is on the right. My understanding is that this is correct and this is also...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock