Discuss Seriously cheap makita sds max in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the older model of this (no light) fantastic drill, can be a bit big for some jobs but eats through everything!
even cored upto 127mm with no problems.

It says 199 inc vat but just tried to order one and it ends up at £289

Actually, i would screenshot the price, tweet, email, buy it, take it away, and demand a refund for the extra charge......

Right I have just called to check if this is available in 110v and it is but it will cost £500!!!!!!!!!

the £199 is a genuine price as it is end of line. Mine is being delivered Monday put it on plastic it's a done deal!

For a £300 saving I'll gladly carry a 230v extension lead for this 1 item!

this couldn't have turned up at a better time as my baby chisel drill blew up yesterday

Just ordered mine. Don't know when or where I'll use it but it is cheap, looked at other places and they want up to £450 odd for one. Thanks for this post. Just gotta tell the wife!! I'll buy her some chow mein to soften the blow! Yes, I'm cheap (&tight).

Twitter !!

btw guys you know these take SDS max bits? Different shank to the regular sds plus drills

Mine has been dispatched. Being delivered by FedEx. Free delivery option also so that's a good deal as well. I'll let you know when it's arrived as I'll be demolishing 'many things'!

Talked myself out of getting one..... :(

Why?????

It's a cracking machine at a ridiculous price. I'm replacing my old Titan which is a similar beast in concept but very much the poor relative in terms of performance. The clutch keeps snatching on it and it damn near rips your arm off when it does! It's spun and smacked me in the face a couple of times as well...

Thanks for the heads-up Killy! :)

Have a hitachi SDS max already, but ordered one as it would be rude not to at that price!

Group buy on drill bits? Billy is designated deal finder! Anoyingly I ended up with a brand new drill bit for the sds max and gave it away as never thought I'd get one! Doh!

Gonna order one to satisfy my new tool urge plus will get plenty of use smashing up the garden come summer

its a good deal but its not that powerful for heavy duty jobs. Those only used to sds plus will cream there drill bits over how much better it is tho. ;)

I can't resist buying tools..:hurray:
Add that to a good discount price..:deal:
I am in.
Let,'s hope it's not "amazon gate" all over!..:disappointed:

So thats me, iain, rob, rocket, alex, masood, stratplus and simon whos grabbed one.

thats 8 of us

anyone else brought one?

I wonder if they are sat wondering why all these drills have started flying off the shelf. Told a builder mate of mine and he has just purchased 2! So that's 11 sold just of the back of this thread....
me thinks some mods need to get in touch with Axminster and see about a little forum sponsorship!! Any mods near Devon? I would pop in to my local branch and ask but I fancy the women behind the counter and I'd only stumble on my words.

i might buy another and pop it on flea bay for £300 plus postage easy money

gasmanrob;611291 some mods need to get in touch with Axminster and see about a little forum sponsorship!! [/QUOTE said:
They would be an excellent sponsor, although feeding you tool-junkies habit is a bit like selling candy to a baby... :)

I got this on a email, as a previous customer of Makita batteries etc.....I thought it was an error, same it ain't sds plus though

Agreed ray.

nearly all my tools come from them picked up a 6 piece makita kit a few years back on offer for £550 nearly £200 cheaper then I could find the same kit anywhere else.

the in store plumbing tool range isn't very big but we could advise on that.

The own brand multitool blades were ridiculously cheap in comparison to both the fein and Bosch blades.

ob and you can pick up a 6" holesaw for £10!! That was £45 cheaper then the same Bosch one at the time and I wasn't buying that as it was for site use if it did 20 houses I'd consider it great value but I got nearly an entire site out of it that was 3 holes a plot and nearly 40 plots only chipboard mind but for a tanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Seriously cheap makita sds max in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had my tools all knicked out the van last week so been replacing everything, got all my tools but can't decide on a SDS. I use all Milwaukee...
Replies
Views
H
Hello, I'm just completing on a bungalow that needs everything doing to it, full replumb, kitchen, 2 bathrooms, underfloor heating, loft...
Replies
Views
K
I have a Bosch 36v Professional which is approx 3 years old. The full fat version not the compact. Hardly used due to its weight with the 2.6 ah...
Replies
Views
Kev the gas
K
I'm too lazy to list all the auction URLs so I will list the tools that are going to be on there by 7pm. To find them click this link to view all...
Replies
Views
My old 850W Bosch SDS seems to have lost some of its punch after 8 years of abuse (mainly mixing plaster!) I want to buy another drill with my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock