Discuss Saniflo Pumping Abilities in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wheel6220

Hi helpful people
I am moving out of my house into static caravan on my land & need to use Saniflo to pump toilet waste to sewer which is about 20 mts away. My builder has expressed doubts whether this is possible as he thinks Saniflo will not be able to manage this & the fact the piping will be outside will create issues keeping piping straight & creating necessary fall to ensure success. Saniflo advertise that they will pump up to 50m horizontally so I was hopeful this would work.

My builder has said he thinks it might work to start with but he could foresee problems in the long term & we are likely to need this static for 6 months.

Any thoughts on practicality of this solution? I don't want it to go wrong (for obvious reasons!!!)

Thanks in anticipation, Richard.

As Chris says....I Doubt they meant any distance externally in small waste.

Can you not dig a shallow trench, stick some cheap brown 110mm in and backfill as close as possible to the caravan ?

thats to pump in 21.5mm pipe dia.

why not use 110mm or pump into a length of 110mm proped up about 5feet on stilts with 40mm inside carrying waste on fall to sewer that should prevent freezing?.

bush mechanics.lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much to all who have replied so far. Freezing is an issue too, although I had thought if there was a fall on the pipe there would be nothing in it to freeze?

Are we agreed, then, that the Saniflo will simply not pump waste through 22mm pipe horizontally in this kind of set up?

If so, then it seems to me Redsaw's solution is the only one that will work and does come with practical issues as to constructing a decent frame to strap the pipe to.

Just create a "water slide" as Redsaw say`s. Go vertical in 32mm solvent weld pipe for 3 or 4m then have a 1:40 fall to the drain in 40mm pipe. If you find the water is syphoning out of the pump when the motor stops and breaking the water seal then fit an anti-syphon valve at the highest point. No need for lagging of the pipe to prevent freezing because all the water will have gone providing there are no dips in the pipe run

You could use compression joints in the pipe after 6m then any blockages can be moved with a jet wash.

Thank you very much to all who have replied so far.
Are we agreed, then, that the Saniflo will simply not pump waste through 22mm pipe horizontally in this kind of set up?

Yep! That`s why they say to increase the pipe size after a certain distance and 40mm pipe will not sag and create dips like 21.5mm will.

the 110mm will be rigid enough to just support itself propped onto xstick tripods.
22mm up to max height, 32mm to 110 or run 40mm inside the 110 use an air break though.

the 110mm will be rigid enough to just support itself propped onto xstick tripods.
22mm up to max height, 32mm to 110 or run 40mm inside the 110 use an air break though.

Some pumps offer choice of 22 or 32mm for the vertical, if given the choice and it`s only intended to run for 6 months then go 32mm. Nothing wrong with 110mm pipe however 40mm is easier to work with, less unsightly and quicker to separate for a jet wash.

All depends on which model he chose to buy and the pipe run, in the worst case scenario half the life expectancy and void any warranty.

Thank you very much to everyone who has replied with vital and helpful information. What a very helpful forum. Now I need to summon the courage to give it a try and dive in, although obviously not literally.

Would of thought lagging the pipe and taping joints would be your easiest option. Constructing a "slide" propped up on wooden tripods is just going to look bizarre.

It's only 1:40 over 20m and would expect the last section to be underground, no need for lagging if pipe is all but empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflo Pumping Abilities in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock