Discuss rubbers washers in flexi tap connectors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the rubbers washers in flexi tap connectors, usually ok at re-sealing after swapping a tap or toilet fill valve?

In a commercial setting I would offer to replace the flex's along with the taps. New washers will probably outlast the flex's.

replace the lot, only end in tears when the flexi ruptures, as you disappear in a cloud of diesel fumes

Any tips when putting the close coupled cistern back on. To mark the fixing holes. I usually tighten the wing nuts to compress the donut mark the holes undo wing nuts and take off to drill. Is there an easier way? Person before has just siliconed it

Any tips when putting the close coupled cistern back on. To mark the fixing holes. I usually tighten the wing nuts to compress the donut mark the holes undo wing nuts and take off to drill. Is there an easier way? Person before has just siliconed it

nope unless you have a friend (push down on cistern and mark holes) thats the only way unless guess like 10mm lower from full height

Can't you just drill through the fixing hole & push plug in without disassembly again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rubbers washers in flexi tap connectors in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm going to be fitting a tap like this one: And just wanted to check that this is the correct part for connecting to 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use...
Replies
Views
Hi folks Really daft question here but what tap connectors are you all using? I’ve picked up a couple of end feed with fibre washers today and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve used the hep20 tap connectors a few years back when I did. C&G plumbing course. I brought a few the other day and in the packet was a...
Replies
Views
I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back