Discuss Rubber washers for smeg cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbdoctor

Simple question smeg supply rubber washers for cooker gas connection always used fibre any objections to rubber ?

I fitted a b and poo gas hob that had a rubber washer for the connection. All fitted and tested fine. An hour later had a call from the customer, they could smell gas. Advised them to turn off at the meter and shot round. Had a 20mbar drop over a minute. The rubber wager had deformed and pushed up into the fitting. I now chuck them away and Use fibre washers.

Thanks Mike I have decided to fit as per instructions hope that don't happen to me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rubber washers for smeg cooker in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock