Discuss Rooms stats ? Gsr or not. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

on31ll

Theres a thread just started sombody asking about wiring a room stat. First comment sombody saying get a gsr in ! And the next post is pointing out the page number on the instructions ! So we know he will do it himself. But whats the ruling ? Have to be gas safe to fit room stat ?

Depends on what it's being fitted to. If it's a combi and you need to take the cover off possibly. Conventional system unlikely.

op had already mentioned page 14 and had the mi's. thote they are bit thick when they mentioned page 14, so i commented. hold my hands up if i have done summat wrong

Nothing wrong at all. You don't need to open the combustion chamber of a puma to fit a stat. And the 2 screws holding the front on are normally missing anyway.

All this talk about removing cases, surely it is only an issue if the case forms the room seal, like on Worcester Greenstars for example?

op had already mentioned page 14 and had the mi's. thote they are bit thick when they mentioned page 14, so i commented. hold my hands up if i have done summat wrong

im not trying to point a finger or blame just got me thinking on whatthe rules are ? Weather you are required to be gas safe or not to remove the cover ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rooms stats ? Gsr or not. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, as it’s starting to get chilly at night, we’re thinking of having the heating on at night… well the wife is. Which led me to wonder whats...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Evening chaps. As the title says, can a boiler with weather comp run with an optimising room stat? I have a Glowworm Flexicom 35cx that can accept...
Replies
Views
There's been an issue with poly pipes (Pro-fit brand) in WA. Loads of leaks occurring, the main house builder in WA says it is a problem with the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m new to the forum and joined specifically to try to get an answer to my question. I have an 88yo mother-in-law who is recently...
Replies
Views
Back