Discuss Riello RDB oil pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The paste didn't show water as present, but it might well be because of the chemical. I didn't do a pH test. Don't think I'll be back to find out - the owner was, "interesting".

The clumping could be bacterial contamination. That can show as a clumping of debris which is actually biomass/bacteria.

I've been asked to look at a system that has had some work done by a previous engineer. The boiler was suffering from flame-outs and the previous guy ended up replacing the oil pump. The boiler is still cutting out, and after checking the usual suspects, (oil pressure, water in tank, pump pressure, nozzle, etc) it looks like the solenoid valve isn't allowing sufficient oil at the nozzle. It sounds suspiciously like the previous symptoms, but this is apparently a brand new pump, so before I replace it, does anyone know the specification for the valve to check it's within bounds (spring force, actuation distance)? It's an RDB 1. Thanks
replace the solenoid the magnet could be gone they're only £29 and also replace the nozzle.. and also check the oil for water

£29 for a solenoid. That's a good one. I don't even charge them to my custs for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Riello RDB oil pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock