Discuss riello 2.2 on firebird ecomax combi womt fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

called to do a service on this nightmare on friday, so left it till today as custard denied it needed repairing! arrived and it fired ok. cleaned it all out (4 years old and no service records seen) and judging by the burnt through baffle and sooted up interior not serviced yet!! changed nozzle and hose, oil flowing thro pipework beautifully, so then I turned off the valve! come fire up diddly squat, no pressure on pump at all, bled out all air, checked drive coupling ok and fan motors fine. pump seems stiff so I presume its on its way out, filters all clear tho. scratched head, no spare pump in van, used it last week and forgot to order replacement. so leave a cold custard and order bits for delivery tommorrow, get a call that its all working!!! and then she says its been doing this for weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect the pumps on its way out any other clever oilies out there with better suggestion as I've only been oily for 18 months and all my other pump failures have been more obvious than this one. Solenoid was clicking away, and its working ok now!

No pressure = pump or oil supply

I always try and keep a few riello pumps around as seem to have phases of replacing loads of them 4 in one day is my record so far!

thought that might be the case, mine spares been in the van for a year and used it last week!

When you say no pressure, do you mean literally zero?
Was it locking out?
did you check the photocell for cleanliness/ continuity?

turned out to be an intermittant fault on the photo cell, combined with a failing oil pump and poor continuity and the electrode leads. Only took 4 hours to fault find that lot. left it working, not answering the phone for a few days!! thanks for the help, only one firebird helpline techie gave any useful advice!!

yes, no, that was it eventually after checking it 3 times!!!!!!!!!!! re bunkers questions in 4

Last edited by a moderator:
Firebird have 'updated' the electorde leads due to problems, (just a sheath over them)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to riello 2.2 on firebird ecomax combi womt fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon, hoping to get some advice: I’ve just drained my central heating system to remove 2 upstairs radiators, and now after refilling, the...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, all new to this breakdown life, currently waiting on getting on a training course, so just been relying on technical and instructions...
Replies
Views
CJAY40
C
Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can I pick your brains? My boiler is often reluctant to start, sometimes it does, sometimes it seems that it will if the demand is from the...
Replies
Views
Back