Search the forum,

Discuss Retraining Help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

First post here, sorry if this is common question just wanted some advise. I am 25 and had enough time to think about where I am and what I want, which is to change into pluming and eventually gas.

I have done some research and found a company called Able Skills which seem to be quite good and what I need as they offer part time learning because I am full time working still.

The question I have after reading online are, is it worth the money and effort? I have read on a few sites that doing this doesn't get me a job because most places want the experience over the qualification. I appreciate I'm not going to do this course and be straight into a job paying top wages but I don't want to spend the money learning and leave to be going no where.

Anyway, enough from me.

Appreciate any help or if anyone has done this route please give honest feedback.

Cheers

Whilst I’m a big fan of colleges, my first one where I studied was poor to say the least, and I’ve been to a few different training centre ps to re-sit my ACS which imo have been excellent. What do the testimonies say?

Whilst I’m a big fan of colleges, my first one where I studied was poor to say the least, and I’ve been to a few different training centre ps to re-sit my ACS which imo have been excellent. What do the testimonies say?
Hi, thanks for your reply. Reviews seems pretty good about the course but I’ve read on a few sites that it’s pointless because no one will take me on without experience

Hi, thanks for your reply. Reviews seems pretty good about the course but I’ve read on a few sites that it’s pointless because no one will take me on without experience
This could be true, but you could enquire, see if they’ll take you on as a sort of apprentice? You won’t know unless you ask.

most things come down to money
What do you expect to earn once you have finished the course and left your current job?

You will probably get minimum wage for a few years as you are going to slow down anyone you work with to start with.
Then your pay will start to increase with experience.
Thanks for the info. I know it’s going to be hard to begin with but think it’s so rewarding and good skill to learn

Reply to Retraining Help in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Desperately in need of help. Getting very annoyed with myself Replaced the click plug in my bathroom for a new Basin Slotted one along with the Thomas Dudley Basin Waste kit All relatively straightforward to put together but why is it still dripping I'm using the preexisting metal...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock