Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Record breaker? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

Contract manager asked me to take a butchers at a wee site in Belfast this morning because he thought it might be "Bloody dangerous John!"

He had a point, 2 ID's, 12 AR's and and 1 NCS! Bit churlish that last one! Lol!

Cultra 01.jpgCultra 02.jpgCultra 03.jpgCultra 04.jpgCultra 05.jpgCultra 06.jpgCultra 07.jpgCultra 08.jpgCultra 09.jpgCultra 10.jpgCultra 11.jpgCultra 12.jpg

Where to begin?

LPG installation in basement, ventilation is through 2 rooms and 3 sets of louvered doors, 1 flue end cap missing, the other is a jerry rig, the flue rises 2 floors in a sealed void and terminates in the roof space 3" short of the chimney stack, which is unlined. No boiler data plates, MI's or information!

The gas service pipework enters the building below the base of the load bearing wall, no ECV immediately on entry, service pipework at 750mbar, no gas detection, the regulator vent discharges into the well under the grating......

I got bored of writing at that point and just condemned the installation.

And surprise surprise! No one knows who's been servicing the things! Because I would be RIDDORing him! There's only so much you can forgive someone for a lack of education for!

This is in residential building for kids and adults staying over while on training courses and what have you!

The flue was being ripped out as I left and we're recommending new wall hung boilers be installed at or near the entrance door with the flues coming out above the door (plenty of room to achieve the required distances!)

bloody hell john thats a incident waiting to happen i can see your concern earlier now how no ones died there is unbelievable

Bloody ell check that lot out. you wanna send that lot to installer magazine you'd get a 2 page spread!

My problem is the vast majority of the buildings I work in are government of one form or another, don't think my contract would have a long life span if i was to publish them!

Fair one. Are u finding still a lot of domestic and commercial properties in NI sticking to oil and lpg and not bothering to go on the mains croppie.

Mental. Cost of getting connected too is a bit of an off putter. It's gotta keep a lot of installations in the LPG and oil market off the radar not to mention service and maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Record breaker? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock