Search the forum,

Discuss Record breaker? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

Contract manager asked me to take a butchers at a wee site in Belfast this morning because he thought it might be "Bloody dangerous John!"

He had a point, 2 ID's, 12 AR's and and 1 NCS! Bit churlish that last one! Lol!

Cultra 01.jpgCultra 02.jpgCultra 03.jpgCultra 04.jpgCultra 05.jpgCultra 06.jpgCultra 07.jpgCultra 08.jpgCultra 09.jpgCultra 10.jpgCultra 11.jpgCultra 12.jpg

Where to begin?

LPG installation in basement, ventilation is through 2 rooms and 3 sets of louvered doors, 1 flue end cap missing, the other is a jerry rig, the flue rises 2 floors in a sealed void and terminates in the roof space 3" short of the chimney stack, which is unlined. No boiler data plates, MI's or information!

The gas service pipework enters the building below the base of the load bearing wall, no ECV immediately on entry, service pipework at 750mbar, no gas detection, the regulator vent discharges into the well under the grating......

I got bored of writing at that point and just condemned the installation.

And surprise surprise! No one knows who's been servicing the things! Because I would be RIDDORing him! There's only so much you can forgive someone for a lack of education for!

This is in residential building for kids and adults staying over while on training courses and what have you!

The flue was being ripped out as I left and we're recommending new wall hung boilers be installed at or near the entrance door with the flues coming out above the door (plenty of room to achieve the required distances!)

bloody hell john thats a incident waiting to happen i can see your concern earlier now how no ones died there is unbelievable

Bloody ell check that lot out. you wanna send that lot to installer magazine you'd get a 2 page spread!

My problem is the vast majority of the buildings I work in are government of one form or another, don't think my contract would have a long life span if i was to publish them!

Fair one. Are u finding still a lot of domestic and commercial properties in NI sticking to oil and lpg and not bothering to go on the mains croppie.

Mental. Cost of getting connected too is a bit of an off putter. It's gotta keep a lot of installations in the LPG and oil market off the radar not to mention service and maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Record breaker? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am not a plumber, but very fluent in residential plumbing. My Daughter has a building in town. There are 2 Woodford wall hydrants. Neither one work. They are both the same. This one is missing the vacuum breaker. They may have never been turned on (or even opened) since the building was built...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Hi Just moved into a house and in process of renewing sealant around the shower cubicle. Feel free to skip to the bottom to get the question! There’s a gap (20mm in length & 3mm height) at the bottom of the frame (where it meets the shower tray) closest to the wall that appears to have been...
Replies
Views
J
Hi - I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for some advice with regards to a recent (nightmare) new gas boiler install. Our old gas combi boiler needed replacing, so we shopped around and got a deal via BOXT. Our understanding is that BOXT then sub-contract to local...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open vented system S plan Also found there was no bypass and this was an external boiler with frost stat so boiler would start with no valves open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock