Search the forum,

Discuss Recommended Thermostat for Amptec Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trevormwilson

We recently moved into a new address that has a Heatrae Sadia Amptec C900 boiler fitted. It was controlled by an old Drayton Digisat that wasn't working so I replaced it with a newer model the Digisat +3. It does now work, but not very well.

The problem I have is that when the thermostat is near to the set temperature (~ 0.5'C) the thermostat tries to gently nudge the temperature up by running the boiler for just a minute or two to heat the radiators. This makes sense and I understand the principle behind it. The problem is that it takes about 3 minutes for the electric boiler to cycle up to temperature. Essentially the thermostat is wasting power, and clicking on and off with annoying regularity, because it doesn't let the boiler run long enough each time.

I contacted Drayton and we made some adjustments to the installer settings and that helped a little bit, but not entirely. I then asked Heatrae Sadia if they could recommend a better thermostat, but they wouldn't say.

Can anyone on this forum help by suggesting a better thermostat that is more suited to my boiler?

Get back on to Drayton and ask if local rep can call in, it's possible you have a faulty unit, or its in the wrong location

Please register with us and start a new thread to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommended Thermostat for Amptec Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m writing on behalf of my elderly neighbour and hoping this is a problem someone on this forum has experience of and remedied. The boiler was not responding to the wireless thermostat. The various settings on the thermostat seemed fine and 3 heating times and temperatures were...
Replies
Views
the majority of my radiators have thermostatic valves. Some of these work fine but some of them dont let you adjust the temp. ie. Setting one or setting 5 makes no difference - the radiator is blazing hot. For small bedrooms this is pain cos the room just heats up too much. we first...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a new house and it has a Glow Worm Compact 24c combi boiler and a ESI ESRTP4RF+ programmable room thermostat and I am wondering if it's worth turning on the optimum start and stop features? There is also something called TPI (chronoproportional control) but I'm not sure how...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock