Discuss Really confused on flue position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contact the letting agent and tell them you want a different engineer sent out to inspect and the work outing right. Especially the fire. If they say no then contact gas safe.

looks like there used to be a BF boiler at some time, Proberly find that window never had a opening on that side and new DG windows fitted and the flue has been overlooked typical of DG company's But you need to get this fire problem sorted if its pulling in smoke

looks like there used to be a BF boiler at some time, Proberly find that window never had a opening on that side and new DG windows fitted and the flue has been overlooked typical of DG company's But you need to get this fire problem sorted if its pulling in smoke
I bet it hasn’t got a cowl on and the jackdaw has gone to town.

Thank you guys, been a real help. Have attached a picture of the boiler and what not. The chimney was supposedly swept just before we moved in... once again I’m skeptical.

536AA2F7-737A-48B9-BCB5-765818D33AE6.jpeg

Thanks. Chimney may have been swept but without correct ventilation you’re never gonna get the pull

Little update, which has left me even more confused!

So having messaged the leggings conpany, who were not helpful at all “it wouldn’t have been signed off if it wasn’t safe” So I insisted on a second opinion from a different engineer, as it’s nowhere near the 600mm distance. So she finally agreed to send out an engineer (the same one)

Later that day I get an email saying it’s coming platelet safe to use, but he’s unplugged it anyway and that it’s up to us if we turn it on. And could she please have he contact information of the engineer who told me to raise the issue with them (also registered) Gwt home to find stickers over the boiler saying it’s unsafe to use and a form saying it’s been ‘ID’.....

Call out gas safe mate it’s free

The letting agent is skating on thin ice. If you have their gas cert I’d check the credentials of their engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Really confused on flue position in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently moved into my first home and after spending the winter here, I wasn’t particularly happy with the performance of the heating...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock