Discuss RDB cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Had an interesting one:

Last week I went to a boiler that was 'running' but the rads hadn't been getting hot. The neighbours' plumber had been round and fitted a new circulating pump in the airing cupboard - £200.
Next day, rads still not getting hot, call the boiler engineer, me.

Camray5, RDB cycling (burner running but not firing or locking out). So plumber thought the boiler was going but didnt notice there wasnt any heat anywhere (rolling eyes).

Photocell? Of course its the photocell - new one fitted and all sorted.

Called back today, same again. Mmmmm. Photocell all ok (double checked old one [left in boiler cab] and yes, faulty), new one is fine. Must be the control box, unusual, but what else? New control box on and .... same.

50v to white wire ok.

I rang WB who straight away said 'coil'...and it was. I hadnt had that before, you very rarely get a faulty RDB coil but worth remembering the above as a symptom.

I also decided to leave the new control box on, I felt is was a bit weird that within 7 days, a photocell and coil had gone on an RDB and wondered if the 535 had a gremlin within.

Anyone else had this?

a lot of people wont be aware that the constant running on an rdb can also be caused by a faulty coil as it is so rare to see a faulty rdb coil maybe changed 2 in 6 years

I had 1 like this about 3 years ago and spoke to graham in riello who advised to check in this order
photo cell coil control box 50v to white wire

a lot of people wont be aware that the constant running on an rdb can also be caused by a faulty coil as it is so rare to see a faulty rdb coil maybe changed 2 in 6 years

I had 1 like this about 3 years ago and spoke to graham in riello who advised to check in this order
photo cell coil control box 50v to white wire
Thats pretty much word for word what I wrote :)

Great tip Bunker, came across this exact problem today and had it sorted within minutes as I read it last week. Just wondering does the same apply for the riello G3 or is it just the RDB?
Thanks again, every day's a learning day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to RDB cycling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock