Discuss quietest toilet fill valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the quietest toilet fill ,valve a torbeck of a fluidmaster pro400? House at momment has a fluidmaster in but has become very noisy making a humming sound when filling.

Torbecks are generally the quietest if you put the correct restrictor in it but if the ballofix is checked back it can increase the noise

I have found a few of those fluidmaster valves "singing". Replacing or removing the restrictorlocated in the valve stem has always solved it for me.

As above exactly ^^ - I fitted a Fluidmaster Pro valve in a flat with high mains pressure. I obviously used the rubber 'screw' type restrictor and it was perfect for a year or two and then started to make high pitch noise when filling. I noticed when I removed the valve body the stem would still make similar noise when I opened the isolating valve a little (holding my hand above end of stem to stop water going everywhere). I replaced with identical valve to cure it for now.
So has to be the rubber restrictor making the noise and probably more likely on fairly high pressure mains supplies.
Maybe pressure reducing valve on mains would also help.

Last edited:
I bin the restrictor, had too many problems. Got a closed back toilet that has one in and every year I have to remove the top half of the valve and shove a knitting needle down the stem and stab the restrictor till its stops humming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to quietest toilet fill valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock