Discuss Questions Regarding Circulation Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

redcuckoo

Hi,

Hopefully somebody can help me out with a problem i have with my heating system. Im finding that most of my radiators are only luke warm apart from the radiator nearest the circulation pump, which is always red hot. I have bled all the radiators and changed the valves on each ends of them and still i have the same problem. The circulation pump i have fitted is a Grundfos 15/60 130. Im wondering if changing the pump to a larger one would solve the problem? Also when looking into different pumps what does the sizes mean regarding 4m, 6m & 8m head??? The boiler i have is running a heating system for 2 terraced houses joined into 1 so there is 7 radiators if that may help for info.

Be grateful of any help. Thanks.

That pump should be more than adequate. Sounds like a circulation issue. Was the system water clean when you drained it?

Yes, no problems with the water. Ive drained the system a few times now & its always clear.

Has the heating worked correctly since you've been in the house?
If so, did it stop working suddenly or was something done after which it stopped working, i.e some rad valves changed, new rad fitted?

Close all the rad valves except the ones on rad furthest (pipe length not distance) away from the boiler, open those.
If that rad gets hot work your way around the others opening the valves 1/4 open.

Do any or all of the rads then get hotter?

You say that you changed the pump ! 1. is it pumping in the right direction ? Arrow on pump to show direction, if that is ok maybe fault is with boiler not producing enough heat, or you have a blockage in system

Is the thermostat up on the boiler. There might be a bypass that's fully open. May have dirt in the system and you may need to balance the system through the lockshields.... Theres maybe an isolation valve that's not fully open like a pump valve or air in the system. TBO it's probably best to get engineer to have a look as could be a number of things and we can only guess without further information. ..
Welcome to the forum red cuckoo.....

its what it says one pipe runs in a loop around the area and both sides of the rad are teed of that pipe old cheap to instal system that is very difficult to get right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Questions Regarding Circulation Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone help, please? I'm looking for a heating system circulation pump for a domestic install, with 3 speeds, where the speed can be toggled...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
I am sizing the central heating pipes for a complete replacement. The property has an elongated floor plan so I have used a piping layout...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock